Radar CRT Screen

13 Aug 2016 20:06 #30526 by ScottBouch
I had a stroke of luck today and found a radar CRT screen (with rubber fold-out anti-glare tube) in my parents garage! I'd not seen it in abiut 15 years, and had quite forgotten ut existed!

It's now at our house to be cleaned up, photographed and measured up for the Lightning models!!

Cheers, Scott
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Aug 2016 21:21 #30529 by Algernon
Sweeeet!! I actually modelled that last week, but it's not high on the list of priorities... or at least it wasn't! If we can get the textures off your photographs, I'll put in the ground radar from the Victor (not actually released, but extant) to test it, then we can hone it down to reflect the real unit's performance.

The old girl had her first trial tonight at the FGUK FlightNight, and considering it is NOT her element (low level, tight turns) we did alright and only died twice! :) A couple of dubious landings, however... the video should be up within the hour (or, if Stuart finds something interesting on TV, tomorrow morning).

13 Aug 2016 22:21 - 13 Aug 2016 22:33 #30534 by ScottBouch
I'll get decent photos together and dimensions to work from. It's currently covered in tiny white spots, which I think may be spider poo.

I also have an extra front (the round / square bit), so for realistic hardware simulation, could build a small lcd screen behind it!

The graphics it displays are really simple. The pilots notes and some other docs I have give illustrations, pretty much a couple of circles, a cross and some dots, plus a couple of small lines.

Cheers, Scott

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds