2nd Dec. Finding Newfoundland

26 Nov 2017 16:48 #36659 by StuartC
2nd Dec. 8pm UK time - Finding Newfoundland.

This event is only open to the FGUK Gazelle, found here :-

www.fguk.eu/index.php/hangar/download/13...ale-westland-gazelle

Don't be upset if you turn up in something else and get placed on ignore. The Choice is simple, the Gazelle.

The Route:-

CYYT - St Johns - Starting position on one of the Heli pads.
Lat 47.634541 , long -52.980409 - Bell island
CYQX - Gander Int.
CDY£ Fogo - Stop for refuel and refreshments.
2B Springdale NDB
CYDF - Deer lake
CYJT - Stephenville int. Final destination.

We will need to fly hard so expect 140kts + and we will be running live weather unless its totally unmanageable.

All voice coms will be using TS 3 and as this is a chopper event there will be NO, I repeat NO typed coms. Again don't get upset if you don't receive responses on text.
TS server details:-
www.fguk.eu/index.php/2013-09-03-13-01-0...peak3-server-details
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

28 Nov 2017 16:47 #36724 by J Maverick 16
Considering the wide choice, I think I'm gonna try out the Gazelle, might just fit perfectly for the flight ;) .
Heli flying with the FCS Pack has just become way easier.
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day.
Oh God, that's EGOD!
5 YEARS OF FLIGHTGEAR (2012 - 2017)

FG 3.2 - OS X 10.6.8
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

01 Dec 2017 11:35 #36787 by Vodoun da Vinci
Mama thinks we are going Christmas shopping but I'll try and be there. I'll bring a Gazelle. :lol: :woohoo: :kiss:

VooDoo

01 Dec 2017 16:56 #36790 by Avionyx
Can I bring a Cessna 152?

01 Dec 2017 17:09 #36793 by StuartC

01 Dec 2017 17:40 #36794 by Neilson
lol :P

Worth a try hay :)

01 Dec 2017 21:50 #36808 by hans05
I will come with a CH-53. But I will disguise it so it will LOOK like a Gazelle :-)

02 Dec 2017 00:01 #36813 by Algernon
I think I'll run a test transmission on the FGUK Twitch channel, if that's cool with everyone? I'll only be a menace to myself and others in a Gazelle...

02 Dec 2017 08:32 #36814 by StuartC
You can be a passenger Algy.

02 Dec 2017 11:29 #36816 by Algernon
I think I can actually do both... passenger and Aerocam. Should be fun! :)

02 Dec 2017 11:45 #36817 by Neilson
Unmanageable weather just sounds like fun to me :) :evil:

02 Dec 2017 13:01 #36818 by Vodoun da Vinci

Avionyx wrote: Can I bring a Cessna 152?

The proper response would have been "No, Muppet" :lol:

Bad weather *and* a Gazelle. Can't have more fun than that!

VooDoo

02 Dec 2017 14:40 #36821 by Algernon
Hrm... I may have an issue... looks like I have might have blown up the powered USB hub that is central to my SIM rig AND my mouse (!!) :( Might just have to be a passenger after all...

02 Dec 2017 16:04 - 02 Dec 2017 16:05 #36828 by Neilson
On my way there in the Tornado F3 EGOD to CYYT

1800nm

ETA 18:30pm GMT

02 Dec 2017 17:39 #36834 by Porcius
Inbound to CYYT with Neilson :woohoo:

Porcy

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"
Attachments:

02 Dec 2017 17:43 #36835 by Neilson
Attachments:

02 Dec 2017 17:44 #36836 by Neilson

02 Dec 2017 19:52 #36839 by Porcius
Thanks Mark.

I cant make it I'm afraid. Good luck flight jocks !!
Take care.Stay safe.

Catcha Later dudes.

Porcy

Lightning DOES strike twice.

02 Dec 2017 20:13 #36840 by thebroons
And myself also.

Because I'm going to a Cuban pig roast. With beer. And lotsa pig.

G

If you lived with my brain you'd begin eviction proceedings...

02 Dec 2017 20:59 #36842 by Porcius
Hmmmmm pig.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Cuban.

Oh crap, was that out loud ??

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds