Help needed with TS

08 Feb 2013 19:26 #6992 by k-lutz
I have been living under a stone for years. Only been `online` for a matter of months, but using FG for about a year. I have been trying to use FGcom for a few weeks but I get the feeling that nobody seems to use it much. I would like to participate in your Fly-In`s and other in-promptu events. I have installed TS3 client, but I have no idea where to connect it to for your events or just casual flying. Can anyone help please? Comms are not my thing unfortunatley.
Yours in anticipation, k-lutz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 19:44 #6995 by Avionyx
Hi Buddy,

Are you using Windows?

The connection details we use for our events and general chatting are:
SERVER IP:- 212.187.209.62:9141
PASSWORD:- password

There is a FG room in there where we tend to hang out and the server is kindly hosted by StuartC.

If you need any help on where to put the details in to connect I'll need to know what OS and TS client you've got.

It's incredibly simple and adds a lot to your flying, we'll have you up and running in no time.

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 19:51 #6996 by StuartC
Its quite easy.
start the TS client up.
Top left you have the CONNECT tab. Click it.

In the varius boxes you input:-
Server address:- 212.187.209.62:9141
Nickname:- Whatever you want to be called/known as
Server Password:- password

Then hit Connect.
You start in the server lobby and you will see lots of sub rooms as well. You change rooms by double clicking on the one you want to use e.g Flight Gear

Take the time to sey a Push to Talk key. Select the SETTINGS tab, then OPTIONS, and on the side meny select CAPTURE. from there you set the PTT key, otherwise it stays on voice activation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 21:29 #6997 by Vodoun da Vinci
Just wanted to add that TeamSpeak is FlightGear United Kingdom specific...so, for other FlightGear related stuff (like ATC controlled airports and main forum events) will likely rely on FGcom.

Even when I used to run FGcom there were few users but I think the ATC Dudes at Frankfurt (Jomo and company) rely heavily on FGcom as well as "type and crash" aka "MP Chat" ;)

Unlike FGcom, TeamSpeak always seems to work, sounds *very* good in terms of fidelity, always seems to work, is easy to use and install, always seems to work, and has the added feature of not having to select channels or lose communications in game because your aircraft is too far away.

I have a tendency to fire up TeamSpeak whenever I'm flying or at least have my headset on because we often get a party started over TS even if we aren't flying.

You'll find most of the FGUK guys to be great conversationalists and I tend to learn a lot by having candid discussions about all sorts of things from FGFS politics to world politics and everything in between.

FGUK guys seem to be, to a man, a lot of fun to engage in conversation whether we are all flying or not. For FGUK MP events it is the only way to fly.

Welcome to you K-Lutz and we all look forward to meeting you at the next FGUK event or whenever we all get together again.

VooDoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 22:19 #6999 by k-lutz
Thanks for your prompt and welcoming reply. My OS is Win7 but all I know is that I`ve got Teamspeak3 client.
Do I need to set FG advanced settings (where the RUN button is)? i.e. network or input/output as I tried to do with FGcom?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 22:29 #7000 by StuartC
nope . TS client runs on its own independant of anything else you run. Just start the client and input the connection info above and your set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 23:02 #7001 by k-lutz
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 23:22 #7002 by Vodoun da Vinci
It's easy...TS is so easy. :cheer: :)

It took me weeks of frustration to make Fgcom work for me... :pinch:

VooDoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2013 12:10 #7004 by k-lutz
Thanks, I think I know what u mean `type and lurch all over the sky or crash`. Ungood. I`ll pay a visit to Frankfurt. Thanks again k-lutz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds